[postgis-users] Retrieve all tables and views with geometry columns

Obe, Regina robe.dnd at cityofboston.gov
Wed Aug 1 04:06:45 PDT 2007

I usually just manually add my views into the geometry_columns table.
Parsing could be done, but could slow things down enough to not be
useful depending on how many tables you've got.

I heard some talk of in future releases having a trigger that
automatically updates the geometry_columns table including views.

Hope that helps,
Regina