[postgis-users] RE: Trigger updata lines

Broun Uganda tekuganda at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 15 02:28:12 PDT 2007

Sorry the error i get is:
 Query failed: ERROR:  missing FROM-clause entry for table "nodes" ....
Broun Uganda

From: tekuganda at hotmail.comTo: postgis-users at postgis.refractions.netSubject: Trigger updata linesDate: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 23:24:44 +0300

I want to create a trigger that updates lines' geometry depending on the position of 2 points (from_node & to_node). If i move  a point connecting two or more lines, the ends of lines should also move and follow the point. I wrote the following trigger but it gives me error that am giving multiple geometry. CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION update_links() RETURNS "trigger"    AS 'DECLAREstarts character varying;ends character varying;BEGINstarts = NEW.name WHERE nodes.name = links.from_node;ends = NEW.name WHERE nodes.name = links.to_node;UPDATE links SET the_geom = GeometryFromtext(starts.the_geom,ends.the_geom) ;RETURN NEW;END'    LANGUAGE plpgsql;CREATE TRIGGER update_links_update  AFTER UPDATE  ON nodes  FOR EACH ROW  EXECUTE PROCEDURE update_links();  Thanks for your help

Live Earth is coming.  Learn more about the hottest summer event - only on MSN. Check it out!