RE: [postgis-users] An I/O error occured while sending to the backend

Stefan Zweig stefanzweig1881 at web.de
Thu Aug 16 22:35:59 PDT 2007

hi mark

my select postgis_full_version() is:

"POSTGIS="1.2.1" GEOS="2.2.3-CAPI-1.1.1" PROJ="Rel. 4.4.9, 29 Oct 2004" USE_STATS"

The geometry is supposed to be a multipolygon, but in fact it isn't (see attached coordinate file). first part of the multipolygon is in fact a polygon, but then there are following parts with only one single point. I have loaded this geometry, using shp2pgsql. maybe the loader should consider that, but actually postgis should not crash either. it could be, that the original shapefile was malformed (not ESRI shape conform).

regards,

stefan

Erweitern Sie FreeMail zu einem noch leistungsstärkeren E-Mail-Postfach!
Mehr Infos unter http://produkte.web.de/club/?mc=021131