[postgis-users] Finding Overlapping points

Peck, Brian brian.peck at lmco.com
Mon Aug 20 09:16:52 PDT 2007

Hey all,

I came across this wiki page

http://postgis.refractions.net/support/wiki/index.php?ExamplesFindOverla
pping

But unfortunately it is currently empty? Does anyone know any
information that should be going here?

I was hoping for this because I am looking for some functionality that
would help me query my database and check to see if a lot of points are
bunched up together or if there is a repeated loop of points (like a
loop - but not knowing it was a loop upon insert).

So if someone has some examples of this or knows some functions that
check for that type of problem it would help out a lot.

Thanks,

- Brian Peck