[postgis-users] Polygons overlap

Michael Fuhr mike at fuhr.org
Tue Aug 21 07:14:28 PDT 2007

On Tue, Aug 21, 2007 at 12:19:47PM +0200, Jørn Vegard Røsnes wrote:
> I have two polygons (see below and attached image) that should'nt overlap, but
> PostGIS finds that they are overlapping.

What versions of PostGIS and GEOS are you using and what query are
you executing?  In PostGIS 1.3.2 (latest from SVN) and GEOS 3.0.0rc4
I get true for the bounding box overlap operator but false for the
overlap function on the geometries themselves:

select geom1 && geom2, st_overlaps(geom1, geom2) from test;
 ?column? | st_overlaps
 t        | f
(1 row)

--