[postgis-users] Collect vs. ST_Collect GeomUnion vs ST_GeomUnion

Obe, Regina robe.dnd at cityofboston.gov
Wed Aug 22 04:58:25 PDT 2007

Hi Mark,

I used your install exe.  The recreated template_postgis() is right and
has those aggregate functions.  At first I thought maybe I ran the wrong
lwpostgis_upgrade.sql file after upgrading even though the version
changed from "needs upgrade". So I verified the upgrade file had changed
and reran again.

Looking at the upgrade file - I don't see definition of the new
aggregates, although as you said those aggregates do appear in
lwpostgis.sql file

Here are the details of my install

Before the installation I was running 1.2.1

1) Ran your install. (well it failed first time because presumably I had
something running using the dlls)
2) Restarted postgresql service
3) Reran install - ran okay this time - said it would drop
template_postgis responded yes
4) Completed successfully
5) Restarted my postgresql service
6) Did a select postgis_full_version() on the db I had - I forget what
exactly it said but it did say "need upgrading"
6) Ran the lwpostgis_upgrade.sql file in the
share/contrib/postgis/lwpostgis_upgrade.sql ( the file is dated
8/18/2007 5:13 AM which I assume is when you built it).

Now the first time I ran this I was actually going thru terminal
services so I thought maybe I had PgAdmin open on my local pc instead of
the server I was upgrading, but it did get rid of the need upgrading
part after install so I presumed it was okay and changed to
"POSTGIS="1.3.1" GEOS="3.0.0rc4-CAPI-1.3.3" PROJ="Rel. 4.5.0, 22 Oct
2006" USE_STATS"

7) Ran the tests I mentioned which failed
8) Reran the upgrade file verifying I had the correct one.

Thanks,
Regina