[postgis-users] PostGIS 1.3.1 - how to get $libdir to not expand and coveredby function

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Wed Aug 22 14:43:55 PDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-08-22 at 11:43 -0400, Ashaar Khalid Sheikh wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> We are trying to package the PostGIS v.1.3.1 to EnterpriseDB Postgres
> installers (http://postgres.enterprisedb.com), but are facing the
> following issues.
>
> 1. $libdir path gets expanded in the install location, making it
> difficult to package it in the installers.
>
> 2. If we manually covert expanded libdir back to $libdir, the
> "convertby" function fails.
>
> We are building the src using --with-proj and --with-geos switches,
> with Postgres 8.2.4. Can anyone help provide some insight on these
> issues?
>
> Thanks,
> --Ashaar

Hi Ashaar,

The MODULE_FILENAME variable is using the LPATH variable from
configure.in, although it can be overriden by some environment variables
- you'll need to check configure.in for details, however for most
installations it correctly gets set to $libdir.

I'm not sure what you mean about covertby - do you mean coveredby? If
so, someone has also reported a similar problem with OS X, but we don't
yet have enough information to debug the problem.

Kind regards,

Mark.

--
ILande - Open Source Consultancy