[postgis-users] Help finding information on creating a "Heat Map"

Brent Pedersen bpederse at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 08:56:19 PDT 2007

if you can use python, this is very fast and simple but customizable as needed:
http://code.google.com/p/griddata-python/
takes arrays of x,y,z points and interpolates a grid via natural neighbor.
you can then use matplotlib (+ matplotlib's basemap ) to plot. or gdal
can read the resultant python numpy arrays directly so you could
convert to a tiff or whatever format.

-brent