AW: [postgis-users] Geomunion

Thorsten Kraus Thorsten.Kraus at ptv.de
Thu Aug 30 04:25:39 PDT 2007

OK, I found a solution:
SELECT multi(geomunion(geom)) from table1.

Now I want to use this query to get the number of holes in the union of all geometries:
SELECT NumInteriorRings(multi(geomunion(geom))) FROM table1

This queries perform very very bad. I cancelled a query on a table with about 10000 geometries because it takes over an hour without being completed. Is there a better way to union such a big number of geometries?