[postgis-users] shp2pgsql importing WITH OIDS

Martin Daly Martin.Daly at cadcorp.com
Wed Dec 5 02:28:46 PST 2007

> At this point I would be more interested in changing the behavior of
> SIS than changing the behavior of PostGIS. OIDs are deprecated so we
> should not be moving to *improve* our support of them at this late
> date. SIS can follow the lead of Mapserver, and uDig and look for a
> defined primary key in the PgSQL system tables instead of the OID,
> and disable editing for layers that do not have a primary key.

Paul,

I think that changing SIS to no longer require OIDs is exactly the right
thing to do.  So much so that we did it 18 months ago.  The
PostGIS-related components in SIS of version number 6.3.175 or higher
behave exactly as described.  The version 6.3 components are 100%
compatible with any installation of version 6.2 (whose PostGIS
components did rely on OIDs, as described).

Steve,

If you are still having trouble, or need an upgraded DLL, then please
contact me or Cadcorp support directly, off list.