[postgis-users] intersection/within queries - newbie basic spatial queries

Josh Livni josh at umbrellaconsulting.com
Thu Dec 6 22:35:00 PST 2007

Ah - that's probably what he meant - in which case I guessed wrong both
times :)

Since you mentioned the GiST index (and it may well be of use -- perhaps
he's got millions of sec_catch polygons), I just figured I'd point out
to Craigie that if indeed he does have such an index, to take advantage
of it he'd need to add the spatial && operator to the where clause, eg:
  AND b.the_geom && a.the_geom

  -Josh