[postgis-users] Export empty geometries with pgsql2shp

Matt Doughty matt.doughty at geograma.com
Mon Dec 10 01:35:54 PST 2007

Hi all,

I'm trying to export a series of tables using the pgsql2shp command. The
'problem' I have is that tables that are empty do not export how I want
them to- an empty dbf without column names is exported. What I'm looking
for is to be able to be able to export the tables as shapefiles even if
they have no records (in some case they'll have records, in others no),
which would effectively give me three 'empty' files (shp, shx and dbf),
the dbf however would have the column names.

An ideas to get around this problem?

Cheers,

Matt

Matt Doughty