[postgis-users] equal-area projection for southeast Asia

Neil Best nbest at lanworth.com
Thu Dec 13 12:37:34 PST 2007

Can anyone suggest an equal-area projection for southeast Asia,
particularly Indonesia, Malaysia, and Thailand?  I use an Albers
Equal-Area for the continental US that is defined by the USGS but not
included in the EPSG system.  On the EPSG Registry site [1] I have found
an Australian AEA, so looking at the parameters for the two should help
me design a custom projection if it comes to that, but I would rather
use something standard, naturally.

Neil

[1] http://www.epsg-registry.org/