[postgis-users] No Space left on device.

Richard Heimann [C] heimann at ait.nrl.navy.mil
Mon Dec 17 14:49:59 PST 2007

 Question:

I have two development boxes both running PostgreSQL/PostGIS. On set-up
several months ago and the other today, the former has already had data
loaded. I could fairly easily move the Shapefile from one box to the other
and then load but I know in SQL Server I could connect to the other box and
either use the data or move it to the new database. Therefore, my question
is does PostgreSQL offer similar functionality? In other words, can you
connect to other PostgreSQL machines? I feel like Ive seen this via the
command-line (pgsql) but not phAdmin. In either case Im looking for help and
confirmation. This more then just academically interesting and could save a
great deal of time. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Rich