[postgis-users] Establishing a remote connection to postgis

Barend Köbben kobben at itc.nl
Fri Jan 12 01:25:28 PST 2007

Hi,

did you check if the port  5432 is open on any firewalls between you and the remote server?
Also, if you try connecting from a remote machine, why do you fill in 127.0.0.1 as the ip? That is the localhost ip, ie. it' sfor connecting from the server the DB is running on. Try filling in the actual ip of your client machine...

--
Barend Köbben
International Institute for Geo-information Sciences and  Earth Observation (ITC)