[postgis-users] Unable to convert shapefile layer to postgis layer

Jonathan Aguero jua130 at psu.edu
Thu Jul 19 09:37:02 PDT 2007

The M geometries are actually there, the problem is that the clients (Qgis
and Udig) can not display them (AFAIK). I was working with some polinesM
recently and I keep two geometries, one with the M's for the analysis and
one without the M's for display (using force_2d function to convert them).
So you actually converted the layer, just cannot display it, but everything
else should work.

Jonathan Aguero Valverde

Research Assistant and Ph.D. Candidate

Pennsylvania State University

The Pennsylvania Transportation Institute

201 Transportation Research Building

University Park, PA 16802

www.personal.psu.edu/jua130