[postgis-users] correcting polygons

Obe, Regina robe.dnd at cityofboston.gov
Mon Jun 4 06:26:33 PDT 2007

Paul,

Hmm strange I would expect your update to be failing for
enforce_geotype_poli since you are trying to update a POLYGON
constrained field (poli) to a MULTIPOLYGON.  Try getting rid of the
multi function call so change to

UPDATE deparea2 SET poli = buffer(poli, 0.0) WHERE isvalid(poli)
= false AND isvalid(buffer(poli, 0.0)) = true;

OR alternatively change your add to
SELECT AddGeometryColumn('public','deparea2', 'poli', -1,
'MULTIPOLYGON',2);

I'm still puzzled why you are getting an "enforce_srid_poli" error.
What does your enforce_srid_poli constraint look like?

It should look something like

 CONSTRAINT enforce_srid_poli CHECK (srid(poli) = -1)