[postgis-users] Combined Windows version of PostGIS/P-LR

TECHER David davidtecher at yahoo.fr
Mon Jun 18 15:15:47 PDT 2007

Mike Leahy a écrit :
> Hey all,
>
> I'm just wondering if this thread should move back to the plr-general
> list.  In particular, I think it would be good if Joe is able to add a
> link to the installer on the PL/R web page.  I just tried the installer,
> and it works great - nice work David.
>
> I did notice, however, that it claims to be installing PgRouting in the
> welcome screen, and it appears as PgRouting in the Windows uninstall
> list.
Well I did the installer, last Saturday night and I was hurry.
You know when you haven't slept all a night, you don't see errors
thanks.
> Also, I think more than is needed is being added to the Path
> variable.  In my case, this is what gets added after the installer is done:
>
> "\;C:\Program Files\R\R-2.5.0\bin;C:\Program
> Files\PostgreSQL\8.2\bin;C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.2\lib"

I reduced it to

\;C:\Program Files\R\R-2.5.0\bin

> When I had installed PL/R manually, I seemed to be able to get away with
> adding just ";C:\Program Files\R\R-2.5.0\bin".
Yes it is, you're right. But if you use a function like

select load_r_typenames();

pl/r needs to know what it you R_HOME environment variable.
> Also, if I happen to
> re-install PL/R, the entire string above will appear multiple times in
> the Path variable.  Is it possible for the installer to check for that?

I've only been able to detect if R directory is present in PATH variable
for the moment!
Not able to remove it for the moment from a previous install

If you want, my Inno Setup script is available at

http://www.davidgis.fr/download/plr-8.2.0.4-win32-src.zip

If someone is used here to using Inno SetUp, no problem to improve it.