[postgis-users] Re: [postgis-devel] Moving towards a 1.2.2 release?

Michael Fuhr mike at fuhr.org
Fri May 18 17:29:23 PDT 2007

On Fri, May 18, 2007 at 08:24:42AM -0600, Michael Fuhr wrote:
> On Thu, May 17, 2007 at 06:49:55PM +0100, Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:
> > Hmmm. David/Michael, are both of you using a 32-bit OS, or is one of you
> > using a 64-bit OS?
>
> My build that works is Solaris 9 32-bit sparc; I'll try a 64-bit
> build on that box sometime.
>
> I just tried on RHEL AS 4 x86_64 and got failures on all regression
> tests as David did and I get the same failure for his simple query:

Here's a summary of the tests I've run against 8.3 with the patch
I sent a few days ago:

Solaris 9    sparc 32-bit  all tests succeeded
Solaris 9    sparc 64-bit  all tests succeeded
FreeBSD 6.2  x86   32-bit  all tests failed
RHEL AS 4    x86   64-bit  all tests failed

I'll see if I can figure out why the patch works on the big-endian
sparc but not on the little-endian x86, or if the patch's problem
isn't endianness but rather some other difference between the
platforms.

--
Michael Fuhr