[postgis-users] indexing images stored in PostGres

P Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 13:17:40 PDT 2007

On 10/2/07, Paul Ramsey <pramsey at refractions.net> wrote:
> Those of you still breathless at the opportunity to store your images in
> the database entirely (fools!) feel free to review Xing Lin's work in
> this branch. It's good work, though obviously I have religious
> objections to it... :)

I have the same religious leanings as you Paul, and thankfully I don't
have the smarts to deal with things in "SVN branches" lest I be
tempted.

Interestingly, apparently the "leading spatial data engine" and the
"leading database spatial" working together can do this image indexing
business, retrieving only the requested bits and pieces of images.
Considering a solution using our favorite open source products
requires me to know what I can do, and how. Thanks to your tip, I will
now pursue an education in TILEINDEXing.