[postgis-users] simplify creates geom collection?

Burgholzer,Robert rwburgholzer at deq.virginia.gov
Fri Oct 5 08:26:27 PDT 2007

I have experienced an instance where using simplify, depending on the
threshold chose, creates a geometry collection, rather than a
multipolygon (which was my source shape type).

I am unsure of exactly what is happening, but I know that with my
particular shapes, a threshold of 0.0025 (dd) caused the problem, but
0.002 was OK.

Is this a bug, a feature, or operator error?

Robert W. Burgholzer

Surface Water Modeler

Office of Water Supply and Planning

rwburgholzer at deq.virginia.gov