[postgis-users] Problem with loading postgis libs

Doug_Newcomb at fws.gov Doug_Newcomb at fws.gov
Thu Oct 11 05:27:58 PDT 2007

Patrick,
      On Centos, I usually create a local.conf and a pgsql.conf file with a
single line for /usr/local/lib and /usr/local/pgsql/lib, respectively.
That will take care of most of the gdal/geos/proj/ and associated libraries
for the applications that I'm compiling from source.  It also allows you to
run the applications under selinux in enforcing mode.

Doug

Doug Newcomb
USFWS
Raleigh, NC
919-856-4520 ext. 14 doug_newcomb at fws.gov

The opinions I express are my own and are not representative of the
official policy of the U.S.Fish and Wildlife Service or Dept. of Interior.
I left my signature file in /dev/null

             Patrick Ouellet
             <patrick.ouellet@
             groupealta.com>                                            To
             Sent by:                  PostGIS Users Discussion
             postgis-users-bou         <postgis-users at postgis.refractions.
             nces at postgis.refr         net>
             actions.net                                                cc

                                                                   Subject
             10/11/2007 07:45          Re: [postgis-users] Problem with
             AM                        loading postgis libs

             Please respond to
               PostGIS Users
                Discussion
             <postgis-users at po
             stgis.refractions
                   .net>

Haaa men... it had to be a stupid error...
Since im using CentOS instead of using ld.so.conf it uses a include to
include all .conf in ld.so.conf.d directory.
I had named my file postgis instead of postgis.conf so it didn't load my
added ld path.
I renamed postgis to postgis.conf then rerun ldconfig and voila!

Thanx Paul that what I needed to realize it!

Paul Ramsey wrote:
> This is the key line: have you installed libgeos? If not, do so.
> If so, make sure your library loader can find it, by ensuring the
> installation directory (usually /usr/local/lib) is in /etc/ld.so.conf
> and you have run /sbin/ldconfig as root.

> Patrick Ouellet wrote:
>
>> "/usr/src/postgis-1.3.1/lwgeom/liblwgeom.so.1.3": libgeos_c.so.1:
>> cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

(See attached file: patrick.ouellet.vcf)