[postgis-users] Re: Table Spatial Extent

Brian Hamlin maplabs at light42.com
Sun Oct 14 04:00:40 PDT 2007

> using http://spatialreference.org I found the INSERT line ready-made
> for epsg 4326
> I inserted into my DB spatial_ref_sys.. however, ogrinfo still does
> not pick it up...
> pointers welcome...

hmm, a little more research... following the general instructions for
data import, I had been left with geometry_columns with an entry per
table, but a spatial_ref_sys that was empty. After using the INSERT
found on spatialreference.org, I could see better how this setup
relates, how the SRID is arbitrary, and serves to link the two
tables... however, my results are still not consistent..  It does seem
difficult to get this right starting cold...