[postgis-users] Re: Table Spatial Extent

Per-Olof Norén pelle at alma.nu
Sun Oct 14 04:21:08 PDT 2007

Brian,

Im no gdal or ogr guro, but my guess is that your reported extent
relates to a missing index on the spatial column of your data table.
Does your table have this index?

If not, issue somthing like this:

create index <an_index_name> on <tablename> using gist
(<geometry_column_namn);
analyze <tablename>

If data has been loaded into postgis with shp2pgsql then you could have
supplied the -I flag to have the script create this index for you.

/Per-Olof