[postgis-users] Extract nodes in a Polygon Mosaic (Topology)

Carl Anderson carl.anderson at vadose.org
Tue Oct 16 17:39:44 PDT 2007

You don't need to build topology.

Have you tried something like:

select intersection(intersection (a.shape,b.shape),c.shape) , a.taxpin,
b.taxpin, c.taxpin
  from tax.parcel a, tax.parcel b, tax.parcel c
  where
    a.taxpin != b.taxpin and
    a.taxpin != b.taxpin and
    st_dwithin(a.shape,b.shape,0) and
    st_dwithin(c.shape,intersection (a.shape,b.shape),0)
;

In human terms
   find the intersection of a tax parcel with the intersection of two
other parcels that share an edge (they have an intersection)
The intersection of an edge (line) and a no overlapping polygon would be
a point.

If your table has overlapping polygons this will return a slightly
different result.

You can order or group the results by
    astext(intersection(intersection (a.shape,b.shape),c.shape))

To find nodes with more than three members.

C.