[postgis-users] Curved Geometry not supported by postgis functions

Ken Southerland southerland at samsix.com
Tue Oct 16 19:51:46 PDT 2007

We started using the new curved geometries in postgis and found that
some of the functions don't support them.  I am using postgres 8.2 with
postgis 1.3.1-1.

For instance, the intersects( geometry, geometry ) function gives the
following error ...

Caused by: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: Exception in
LWGEOM2GEOS: curved geometry not supported.

... and the length( geometry ) function returns zero for any geometry
containing a curve.

Is this problem stemming from postgis or geos do you think?  We have
made a big, out-on-a-limb leap in deciding to use these new curved
geometries and converting customer data over to them and now we are
running into these issues when running reports.  Help.  Por favor.

Ken

--
--

Ken Southerland