[postgis-users] Geos broken

Gilles Bassière gilles.bassiere at makina-corpus.com
Wed Oct 17 03:00:27 PDT 2007

Hi list,

I try to repair some segmented road data. I found several older posts
that helped me to build a query using LineMerge(). Unfortunately, when I
try to run it, I get:

        before or while processing the request.
!>

I investigated a little further and found out that my GEOS is broken.
Indeed, when I run a 'make check' in the build tree, I get:

[...]
Area of difference between obtained and expected: 4.98296e-05 -
Tolerated diff: 495.66 (SUCCESS!)
Area of difference between obtained and expected: 0 - Tolerated diff:
6.68967 (SUCCESS!)
Area of difference between obtained and expected: 0 - Tolerated diff:
3.14191 (SUCCESS!)
./testrunner: line 1: 12017 Segmentation fault      (core dumped)
./XMLTester -v ./testLeaksBig.xml ./hexwkb.xml ./test.xml
./linemerge.xml ./TestInteriorPoint.xml ./TestCentroid.xml
./TestIsValid.xml ./TestValid.xml ./TestValid2.xml ./TestValid2-big.xml
./robustness.xml ./stmlf-cases-20061020.xml ./TestRobustOverlayFixed.xml
./fme.xml ./TestBufferExternal.xml ./heisenbugs.xml
./stmlf-cases-20070119.xml
FAIL: testrunner
[...]

I'm stuck now... How should I fix my GEOS ?

My config is:
- GEOS 3.0.0rc4 (compiled with "--enable-python" and "--disable-inline"
options)
- Ubuntu Feisty (7.04)
- Postgres 8.2.5 (package Ubuntu)
- PostGIS 1.3.1 (compiled)
- Proc AMD64 (though I use a i386 distro)

Regards,
Gilles

--
Gilles Bassiere