[postgis-users] Re: SRID, misc queries

Brian Hamlin maplabs at light42.com
Wed Oct 17 14:39:35 PDT 2007

thank you, Per-Olof, what you say sounds reasonable

I think some of my troubles mentioned here, the Topological
Exception/CRASH might have to do with MULTIPOLYGON that fails IsValid()
in PostGIS, but are ok in other systems..

   Self Intersection at or near Point xxx  for a dozen or so

So I got rid of those, so far, I have no crashes
but the searches are slower than ever

yes, I obviously need to find ways to make use of bounding box,
although what I really want are the POLY contents

ps -It is easy to say 'read the list' , but the list is years long... I
have read dozens of pages of posts before I started this thread.. so
believe me that i am not just complaining.. I am reading, studying, and
complaining ;-)

the combination of crash and long queries, and being new to this on my
own, makes for very frustrating entrance to the black magic of PostGIS
!!

all for now  -Brian