[postgis-users] Upgrade 1.2.1 to 1.3.1 - Problems

Brian Hamlin maplabs at light42.com
Wed Oct 17 23:25:44 PDT 2007

I had a 1.2.1 install on Mac OSX, with pg 8.2.3, and thought, I should
have 1.3.1

so I built and tested 1.3.1, worked fine
I ran make install.. I didnt notice, but there is a bug in the make
install, the path is short 1 dir
/Users/Shared/srcs/postgis-1.3.1  comes out as
/Users/Shared/postgis1.3.1 in each cmd
so the install really didnt complete.. I went along my way, bothering
all of you with questions

I just now ran postgis_version() and behold, v1.2.1 not good
so I rebuilt 1.3.1 to be sure, removed 1.2.1 libs, and tried to hand
install 1.3.1
using make - n to see what has to be done

but, Postgres wants to call the old lib..?
ERROR: could not access file $libdir/liblwgeom.1.2.so: No such file

running lwpostgis_upgrade.sql on a DB gives the same errors

??