[postgis-users] ST_Difference

Richard Heimann [C] heimann at ait.nrl.navy.mil
Wed Oct 24 11:45:33 PDT 2007

Thanks for your response W. I should have posted the sql query earlier.
Anyway...its below.

My goal is to drop all features (points) that fall within my polygon. In
this case, I have ship track data and want to filter it with world country
buffers.

World2_12nm - my world country 12nm buffered polygon
Pandatestdata - track data (point)
Panda_diff2 - new table

CREATE TABLE panda_diff2 AS
SELECT AsText(Difference(world2_12nm.the_geom, pandatestdata.the_geom)) FROM
world2_12nm, pandatestdata

Also attached are the astext versions of my data as well as a csv of the
output from the above sql. Please debunk the mystery...

Thanks again
Rich