[postgis-users] Error "select AddGeometryColumn"

Obe, Regina robe.dnd at cityofboston.gov
Tue Sep 18 13:31:01 PDT 2007

Marcus,

This is a common problem.  It sounds like you don't have the postgis functions loaded in your database.  The easiest way to remedy are

1) If you are starting with a new database and you have a database called template_postgis  - create a new database and choose the template_postgis as your template

OR

2) If you already have a database with tables, spatially enable your database by running the following SQL files
Postgresql\8.2\share\contrib\lwpostgis.sql
Postgresql\8.2\share\contrib\spatial_ref_sys.sql