[postgis-users] split a line with one or more point features

Rhys Stewart rhys.stewart at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 10:39:15 PDT 2007

Hi all,

as the subject says i would like to find a way to split several
thousand lines into segments with an intersecting (or relatively near)
point feature. I don't see how this could be done via a straight sql
query, however I'm by no means the smartest cookie in the jar when it
comes to these things, hence I'm throwing it out to the list. Failing
that I reckon my only recourse would be  to cobble up a plpgsql
function to do same. Before I go down that path I would like to see if
such a function exists or if someone happens to be working on
something similar at this moment.... right... so yah that would be it.

Thanks.

Rhys
Peace & Love|Live Long & Prosper