[postgis-users] Best graphical viewer for PostGIS data

Kevin Neufeld kneufeld at refractions.net
Tue Apr 8 10:33:51 PDT 2008

I prefer OpenJump as well.  Through plugins I wrote myself, I can view
or edit data directly in PostGIS pulled either from a single table or
any SQL query that returns a single geometry column.  Since the database
I often work with is ~150GB I need to be able to load data into Jump
dynamically, that is, only load data whose bounding box intersects the
current viewport.  (Though the plugin can also ignore the bounding box
filter and statically load the entire content of any SQL query or table
entirely in memory).

I don't know the state of any publicly available plugins that permit
dynamic data editing, but OpenJump does come with a limited dynamic
viewer plugin that permits the viewing of a single table (optionally
with filters applied).

Cheers,
Kevin