[postgis-users] Merge all polygons from a dataset

Obe, Regina robe.dnd at cityofboston.gov
Fri Aug 1 04:15:33 PDT 2008

Erik,
How were you using ST_Union and what exactly do you mean by no result.
no result as it looks blank?  If you are using something like PgAdmin
III - it will look blank because it exceeds the buffer supported by
PgAdmin III.

SELECT the_geom is null
FROM (somequery or table) as foo
LIMIT 1

will tell you if its actually returning no geometry

Hope that helps,
Regina