[postgis-users] Re: Upload a shapefile to PostGIS via Web?

Nico Mandery nico.mandery at geops.de
Fri Aug 15 01:59:50 PDT 2008

Hi Xiaoyu,

when you are talking about wirting a python scripting - there are up to
date python bindings for the OGR library.
So you could parse your shapefile with python and write it directly to
the database.For the documentation  the python bindings see [1], you can
also find some example code at Matt Perry´s blog at [2].

For accessing the database you can use the ogr-library again or the
pycopg2 postgres driver [3].

Links:
[1] http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/GdalOgrInPython
[2] http://www.perrygeo.net/wordpress/?p=4