[postgis-users] Building SVN version of PostGIS on Mac OS X Leopard

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Wed Aug 20 07:18:21 PDT 2008

On Aug 20, 2008, at 2:34 AM, Robert Rainthorpe wrote:

> (got a warning about DocBook stylesheets)
>
> and then ran make and received the following error:
>
> gcc -no-cpp-precomp -Os -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -Wall -Wmissing-
> prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Winline -Wdeclaration-after-statement -
> Wendif-labels -fno-strict-aliasing -fwrapv  -bundle -
> multiply_defined suppress  lwgeom_pg.o lwgeom_debug.o
> lwgeom_spheroid.o lwgeom_ogc.o lwgeom_functions_analytic.o
> lwgeom_inout.o lwgeom_estimate.o lwgeom_functions_basic.o
> lwgeom_gist.o lwgeom_btree.o lwgeom_transform.o stringBuffer.o
> lwgeom_box.o lwgeom_box3d.o lwgeom_box2dfloat4.o lwgeom_chip.o
> lwgeom_geos_c.o lwgeom_svg.o lwgeom_gml.o lwgeom_kml.o
> lwgeom_geojson.o lwgeom_triggers.o lwgeom_dump.o
> lwgeom_functions_lrs.o long_xact.o lwgeom_sqlmm.o lwgeom_rtree.o -L/
> Library/Frameworks/GEOS.framework/unix/lib -L/Library/Frameworks/
> PROJ.framework/Versions/Current/unix/lib -L../liblwgeom -L/usr/local/
> pgsql/lib -lgeos_c -lproj -llwgeom -bundle_loader /usr/local/pgsql/
> bin/postgres  -o liblwpostgis.0.0.so
> ld: in /usr/local/pgsql/lib/liblwgeom.so, can't link with bundle
> (MH_BUNDLE) only dylibs (MH_DYLIB)
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[1]: *** [liblwpostgis.0.0.so] Error 1
> make: *** [postgis] Error 2
>
> Can anyone give me a hint as to how to proceed? I'm only doing this
> build because one of my colleagues wants to use the JSON
> functionality, so if there's some other way of getting this on a Mac
> build we'd be very happy.
>
> Thanks,

For the internal build linking, it looks like it's supposed to link to
the new liblwgeom.a.  But the -L/usr/local/pgsql/lib option is after -
L../liblwgeom AND the OSX linker prefers dynamic libs, so it's finding
the old installed liblwgeom.so, which is what the new liblwpostgis.so
is replacing.

Delete /usr/local/pgsql/lib/liblwgeom.* and try again.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"History is an illusion caused by the passage of time, and time is an
illusion caused by the passage of history."

- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy