[postgis-users] Buffering around 1/2 an object

David Potts dave.potts at pinan.co.uk
Wed Dec 10 06:08:34 PST 2008

Hi

I known this sound like a strange question, but is it possible to create a
buffer around 1/2 of geomtry objectt.

If I choose to buffer round a stright line,  I get a geomtry that looks
like a  sausage,  if I buffer round a point,  I get a geomtry that looks
like a circle.

What I would like to do is buffer round only half an object, in the case
of a point I would like to get a semi circle, buffer round a line, 1/2 a
sausage!

Is this possible, any suggestions ?

In the simultation that I am modeling, the data point/line describe a
starting point and I need to ensure that its possible for traffic to leave
the starting point on one side.

Dave.
except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of the
Pinan Software