[postgis-users] spatial queries in an ODBC connection

Obe, Regina robe.dnd at cityofboston.gov
Wed Dec 24 04:39:59 PST 2008

Anything you can do in PgAdmin you can do with a pass-thru query in MS
Access.

Take a look at this article which demonstrates making a TSearch query
with a pass-thru MS Access query.

http://www.postgresonline.com/journal/index.php?/archives/24-Using-MS-Ac
cess-with-PostgreSQL.html

You would do the same thing with PostGIS spatial queries, though won't
display spatial data, but I use they same technique to call my
geocoding/proximity Postgis functions/views/ahoc spatial attribute
queries from MS Access.

Hope that helps,
Regina