[postgis-users] Enormous file geodatabase feature class > PostgreSQL/PostGIS? + attribute column standardization app or process?

Randy George rkgeorge at cadmaps.com
Tue Feb 19 08:44:54 PST 2008

Hi Paul,

> Hm. Where's our open access?

	I suppose ESRI assumes it is open because they provide support$$ for
MS SQL Server, DB2, and Oracle, or maybe because geodatabase geometry is
just .shp in blobs anyway.

	I can't see much advantage keeping all the ESRI related trigger
stuff since the "open" idea is to escape ESRI orbit in the end. To that end
I guess anything in Frank's GDAL zone is "open access" since the road out is
already built.

Maybe you and Frank should ask for ESRI funding since you have provided
"open access" for them :)

randy