[postgis-users] Re: [postgis-devel] Proposal for supporting Extrude, Tessel

Martin Davis mbdavis at refractions.net
Thu Feb 28 15:26:05 PST 2008

I would respectfully disagree...  Not on the philosophical grounds of
styling vs data, but on the purely pratical ground that it would be a
pain to try and inject the geometry attributes into the generated XML
after the fact.

I can see why Google chose to embed the purely "geometric" styling
parameters within the Geometry XML, but it's quite a pain for several
reasons.  One is that this kills compatibility with GML (and thus
prevents or at least makes it a lot more complex to reuse code that
reads & writes GML).  I'm feeling this pain right now while working on
improving the JTS GML API.