[postgis-users] Geometry appears empty

geoffi geoff.innes at ngis.com.au
Tue Jul 1 21:53:00 PDT 2008

Hi Tim,

OK to clarify...
 I have 694 records in my table, all have geometry based on the query:
    select count(*) from gen_poly
    where ST_IsValid(geom);

       count
       -------
          694
      (1 row)

When viewed in pgAdminIII only a handfull "appear" to have actual data in
the geom column (see original post). This is also the result when queried
using psql. The rest "appear" to be null.

FME proves that all 694 geometries exist and can display and interrogate
them.

Pushing the data out as a WMS via GeoServer only displays the handfull that
can be "seen" in psql and pgAdminIII.

So, we've established that all geometries are valid, but only some can be
seen using the Postgres tools or GeoServer. FME can see ALL the geometries!