[postgis-users] Which *.shp files is the TIGER GeoCoder referring to, and where do co99_d00 and pl99_d00 come from?

Josh Long starbuxman at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 15:16:36 PDT 2008

Steve,

Thanks again for your help.  Just about 5 hours ago I managed to
finish the successul installation of ... well.. everything.. on
Postgres 8.3. It took 2 days and near 100gbs, but its done..

I ran my first test this morning with select geocode(  'address blah blah') ;

waited eagerly

and then it failed...

complained about all sorts of casts (I guess this hasn't been tested
or run on 8.3, which is fairly new..) from types/against types to
text.. .

I will try and take a look at the hundreds and hundreds of SQL for the
functions, but I'm not sure I'll have a prayer...

May have to revisit this at another time. Has anyone gotten this to
work on 8.3?

Thanks in advance,
Josh

Joshua Long