[postgis-users] Windows Crash

Obe, Regina robe.dnd at cityofboston.gov
Mon Jul 14 04:11:18 PDT 2008

Chris,

I apologize if I offended anyone here.  I guess this really was very
off-topic and probably was inappropriate for this list.

>From a monetary stand-point humor sales and if you amass enough audience
you can get a lot of advertising revenue.

I think its a matter of opininion and not taking yourself too seriously
also. Most people take themselves too seriously and get offended easily
when you suggest something they are doing is not peachy.

I personally found the site educational.  I think there are silly things
that all sides of the fence do and to pretend these silly things don't
exist is not doing anyone any good. People who complain about things get
results.  As they say the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

There are things in Linux I absolutely love, but it does frustrate me a
bit that each Linux distro is very different.  I open up OpenSuse -
there's yahtz or whatever, Redhat has YUM and the place they decide to
install things is slightly different between Fedora and EL, and Ubuntu
(well I haven't really used that enough to complain about it - except it
has its apt-get and its apt-get crashed my last pc when I tried to
upgrade my open office). But that is all of minor consequence - I'm sure
if I dug deeper I would see a reason why no one can decide where to put
things.

Similar things can be said about Windows and MacOSX I am sure.  Although
I guess I've been drinking the Windows cool-aid for so long that I can't
think of anything bad to say about it except its command-line sucks
compared to Linux - but its new Windows Powershell interface is changing
all of that (so now I can run rm and ls and some of those other great
commands I learned in my Linux world in windows).  Makes me wonder hey -
is Microsoft secretly injecting some unix juice in their system.  I
expect their new upcoming OS to be "Hey guys we are Unix too".

Thanks,
Regina