[postgis-users] Postgis to ESRI shape file encoding problem

Maher Karim Maher_Karim at dorsch.com.jo
Mon Jul 21 03:47:48 PDT 2008

Hello,
You have an error in this sentence, you should use it like this

ALTER DATABASE DBIPRS SET client_encoding=latin2;

Regards
Maher

|---------+--------------------------------------------->
|         |           Ervin Ramonllari                  |
|         |           <ervin.ramonllari at hotmail.com>    |
|         |           Sent by:                          |
|         |           postgis-users-bounces at postgis.refr|
|         |           actions.net                       |
|         |                                             |
|         |                                             |
|         |           07/21/2008 01:33 PM               |
|         |           Please respond to PostGIS Users   |
|         |           Discussion                        |
|---------+--------------------------------------------->
  |                                                                                                                                                  |
  |        To:      PostGIS Users Discussion <postgis-users at postgis.refractions.net>                                                                 |
  |        cc:                                                                                                                                       |
  |        Subject: RE: [postgis-users] Postgis to ESRI shape file encoding problem                                                                  |

I tried this way :

ALTER DATABASE DBIPRS SET PGCLIENTENCODING to 'Latin2'

but i got the error:

ERROR: unrecognized configuration parameter "pgclientencoding"
SQL state: 42704

> Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 14:37:37 +0200
> From: sdteffen at gmail.com
> To: postgis-users at postgis.refractions.net
> Subject: Re: [postgis-users] Postgis to ESRI shape file encoding problem
>
> You can also try to set the environment variable PGCLIENTENCODING to the
> encoding value you need (e.g. LATIN2).
>
> Steffen
>
> >> I'm trying to export some data from a Postgresql database encoded in
UTF-8