[postgis-users] encoding and german umlaute

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Mon Jul 28 11:31:56 PDT 2008

You could also set the client encoding at the database level if setting it
in Manifold is not an option and all you clients expect latin1.  Although
that is slightly more invasive.

To set at the database level - do one of the following

1) In PgAdmin right click the database - go to variables tab
2) pick client_encoding and set value to latin1
Or the SQL way
ALTER DATABASE somedatabase SET client_encoding=latin1;

Hope that helps,
Regina