[postgis-users] X3d export

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Tue Jun 10 07:58:20 PDT 2008

Olivier,

I second David's comment.  I would be interested at anyrate.  Not sure how
many people David and I speak for but  garnering from this thread there
seems to be a fair amount of interest.

I guess the only concern with that which Paul Ramsey or Mark Cave-Ayland
can clarify on is that since they are restructuring at least the PostGIS
part not sure how easily it will stream up.  I presume the Geos part is
undergoing some changes too with the Prepared stuff.  But Martin Davis would
have a better clue on that.

Would be nice to see this in the upcoming release at anyrate since I can
think of a some uses with some projects we are working on and my feeling is
that people are moving into that direction and we'll see a lot more demand
for this 3d stuff within the next year.  Seems like a trend forming so to
speak.  Just not sure when it will hit critical mass.

Thanks,
Regina