[postgis-users] Postgis installation - Trouble with 'make check'

Bill Thoen bthoen at gisnet.com
Sat Jun 21 03:02:55 PDT 2008

On Sat, Jun 21, 2008 at 01:02:05AM +0300, Devrim GÜNDÜZ wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, 2008-06-19 at 10:59 -0600, Bill Thoen wrote:
> > I'm installing PostgreSQL, Proj4, GEOS, PostGIS, GDAL and MapServer on
> > a Linux FC 9 system and  so I'm building it all from source code.
>
> If this is x86, all packages exist at PG yum repository:
>
> http://yum.pgsqlrpms.org
>
> so that you don't need to compile...

But is the PostgreSQL here compiled with support for PostGIS, GEOS, GDAL w/
MapInfo, etc.? How can I tell?

Also, they don't support FC 9 yet.

I think I'm still going to have to compile to get exactly what I want, but
with all the little problems I'm having with FC 9, I may just go back to FC8
and try this route.