[postgis-users] NEED Win 64bit OleDb or ODBC Driver

Sufficool, Stanley ssufficool at rov.sbcounty.gov
Fri Mar 14 10:07:07 PDT 2008

This is with SQL 2005? I don't have the OLEDB --> ODBC option as far as
I can tell. I have tried SQLOLEDB and MSDAOSP and both fail with:

SELECT * FROM
OPENROWSET('SQLOLEDB',
'Driver={PostgreSQL
AMD64A};Server=server;Port=5432;Database=gis;Uid=user;Pwd=pass;',
'SELECT * FROM PRECINCT LIMIT 100')

OLE DB provider "SQLNCLI" for linked server "(null)" returned message
"Login timeout expired".
OLE DB provider "SQLNCLI" for linked server "(null)" returned message
"An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.
Named Pipes Provider: Could not open a connection to SQL Server [2].
OLE DB provider "SQLNCLI" for linked server "(null)" returned message
"Invalid connection string attribute".

I think the simple fact here is that SQL 2005 has removed support for
ODBC linked servers.

I'm not sure if I can get PgOleDb to port to AMD64 with my version of
VC++ 2008 Express since the driver uses ATL.