[postgis-users] st_union says geometries have different srids

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Mon Mar 17 11:27:49 PDT 2008

On Mar 17, 2008, at 12:10 PM, Paul Ramsey wrote:

>> Nope not yet; I'm still in the process of setting up various build
>> environments. Does OS X support "uname -a" to show exactly what
>> architecture
>> you are running on?
>
> Heron:~ pramsey$ uname -a
> Darwin Heron.local 9.2.0 Darwin Kernel Version 9.2.0: Tue Feb  5
> 16:13:22 PST 2008; root:xnu-1228.3.13~1/RELEASE_I386 i386
>
> Nothing definitive that I can see. I'm putting together a centos
> virtual box now to see if the test fails there too.

OSX 10.5 is both 32bit and 64bit, but it also depends on the processor
- PPCs are all 64bit capable, but can run in 32bit mode (all previous
OSX and Classic versions do this), core duos on the first Intel models
are 32bit, core 2 duos are 64bit.  The 10.5 system includes all of
these in one fat binary.

BUT, a default compile on 10.5 builds 32bit binaries, so unless you
explicitly said to build 64bit, your Postgres and PostGIS are 32bit.

Or, are you using my binaries?  Those include 64bit and 32bit
binaries, and will run 64bit when possible.

I have a Postgres 8.2 x86_64 for OSX 10.5 on my Postgres page with
matching PostGIS 1.3.2, if you want to test it.  I've upgraded my 10.5
Mac to PG 8.3 already and don't have a spare to install 8.2.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Oh, look, I seem to have fallen down a deep, dark hole.  Now what
does that remind me of?  Ah, yes - life."

- Marvin