[postgis-users] PostGIS + Hibernate Quick Start

Norman Barker nbarker at ittvis.com
Thu Mar 27 13:35:05 PDT 2008

Alan,

Though the code is in SVN, and you are right - all you need to do is
used the dialect, I think the preferred approach is to use the excellent
hibernate spatial project http://www.hibernatespatial.org/

If you choose to use the postgis ejb3 code, then I will of course
continue to support you through this list, but I am not actively
developing this since quite a few developers have implemented versions
that use JTS for the hibernate geometry (which is a good approach).

Norman